Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer Caller ID

francisg
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM ver 7.1(3b)

Is there anyway to show the original calling number in caller ID for offnet to offnet calls? For offnet to onnet transfers, the original calling number is displayed on the IP phone.

PSTN --> PRI (H.323) --> CUCM/IPPhone (answer then transfer) --> PRI (H.323) --> PSTN

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, there is no way.

Telco does not allow you to use arbitrary calling number, otherwise you could pretend to be someone else.

The exception is some Telco in the USA, that don't care, and pass any calling number.

francisg
Level 1
Level 1

Understood.  I was refering to the calling number.  Can the IP Phone inititiating the offnet transfer pass-on the original calling number to the PSTN.

I am indeed referring to the calling number, and edited in my post above.

This is also a frequenly asked questions and the answer is always the same: No.

I don't think it is a TELCO restriction in my case.  I can change my external phone number mask to send any 10 digits that I want to the PSTN.  My provider does not restrict the by calling number.  In fact, if I an offnet calls is recieved on my extension, which is configured for Single Number Reach, I can see the original calling number on my desk phone and remote destination.

Anyway, when the call is transferred, the called party see's the transferring party external phone mask, and not the original calling number.  Any other suggestions.

Also I can see verify from the gateway debugs (debug ISDN q931 and debug voice ccapi inout) that transferring station's phone number mask is used for the calling number.

Where are you located? If outside the USA, there is zero chances you can send an arbitrary calling number, and expect telco to pass it.

This said, there is a checkbox parameter in CM that would allow you to do that. I think it's in enterprise parameters, you can use the search function to determine its exact name.

When enabled, you would see the Original Calling Number in debug isdn q931, but you would be still subject to the telco restriction above.