cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer Confirmation Tone

hanluc6933
Level 1
Level 1

When our operators transfer a call to another coworker they do announce the call.  However, the person who's receiving the transferred call just hears silence after the transfer key is pressed.  They are connected to the customer and the call is live but they're not aware of it until they say "Hello?".  Is there a way to setup a transfer tone in CUCM?  Current version is 8.6.

Thanks,

Han

4 Replies 4

Not, sure if it possible, but is a warm transfer it shouldn't be a problem since the call is announced.

Also, the phone screen change, another way to know when the transfer is made.

Do you know if MOH is enable?

MOH is enabled.

Calls are being warmed transferred.  Agents have been trained to say "Transferring the call over now" then they press transfer.  Users have requested that they also hear a beep to verify that the call has been transferred over.  This is one of those requests that came out of a staff training session.

The phone screen does change and the staff have been trained to keep an eye out on the line.  We are a customer facing orginization and the staff aren't always looking at the phone when they accept the transfer.

I know it seems redudant to have another way of notifying the end user but if it makes their job a little easier or simpilifies it for them I am going to check into it. :)

Thanks,

`Han

Did you ever get an answer to this?  I have the same request.

Thanks,

Dominic

No answer on the transfer tone.  A conferencing hand off between the customer and agent is helpful but requires another step.  Conference the calls together after speaking with the desired location.  "Hello <customer name> I have <desired personel> on the line they'll be able to assist you from here."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: