Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation external number to internal

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I wonder if the following concept can be achieved in the CUCM.

I want to translate external number

0******7133 to the internal 2133.

We use the external number as DDI for the conferences but would like to have employees connection to the dial in via our external extension. 

e.g. employee dials 0******7133 but it is translated into 2133.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Exactly this, but that's also why it's hard for new comers to the system. Often times they just want to be told how to do it, and not be given a choice. I'd say do all of your dial plan/numbering plan in CUCM to keep it in a central spot of administration. I wouldn't want to have to login to CUCM and who knows how many other devices to get a complete picture of my dial plan/numbering plan. I'd rather just look in CUCM for the answer to the questions: "How is this call routing? How are the digits being manipulated?"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's exactly what translation patterns are for, have you not tested it?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am not sure whether is should create voice translation-rule on the cube or translation pattern in the CUCM. Thanks

That's up to your call flow and where you want to do it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Exactly this, but that's also why it's hard for new comers to the system. Often times they just want to be told how to do it, and not be given a choice. I'd say do all of your dial plan/numbering plan in CUCM to keep it in a central spot of administration. I wouldn't want to have to login to CUCM and who knows how many other devices to get a complete picture of my dial plan/numbering plan. I'd rather just look in CUCM for the answer to the questions: "How is this call routing? How are the digits being manipulated?"

I have reached the desired outcome by creating the translation pattern.
Called party transform mask was added which was internal extension.
The call flow was confirmed using DNA. Thanks for the help.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: