cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation in SRST mode using H323 Gateway

goudier2001
Level 1
Level 1

I need to configure a simple one to one translation (example 123456 to 654321) on our H323 gateway Only when in SRST mode. Is this configured under call manager fallback or under the Isdn configuration?

Any help appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Build a translation rule/profile and apply it under call-manager fallback, or configure alias under call-manager fallback.

HTH,

Chris

martinward1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Richard,

I believe what you need is:

conf t

call-manager-fallback

alias 1 original number to translated number

Hope this helps

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Martin,

So by applying the alias translation under the Call manager fallback this will only apply under SRST mode. Is that correct. Sounds to simple.

I have aliases set already for one to one ie. 1234 to 1234. I didn't know this was an option. I always thought it would need to be a translation rule/profile like what chris is talking about above.

Hi,

I only found this out myself yesterday after speaking with Cisco. In my case it was done to translate the 4 digits that our telco sends in to our internal 7 digit extension during a WAN outage when the IP phones go into SRST mode and register themselves with the local H.323 gateway.

Martin

As I said in my initial reply you have 2 options:

1. translation-rule

2. Alias

You can also apply dialplan-pattern if your translations are consistent, i.e. prefixing or stripping the same digits.

Let me know if you need specific example.

Chris