cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Pattern digit problem

BSOC support
Level 1
Level 1

We have created a translation pattern (6925) which allows our users to call an internal number in order for them to get routed out to their external helpdesk via the PSTN (908456016925). Initially this didnt work as the translation patter number of 6925 did not have the correct Calling Search Space to get routed out of the voice gateway.

That is now fixed however every time you dial 6925 you get a dead tone when dialling the number 2. If you press 5 immediately the call routes to the translation pattern and out to the helpdesk. This is not ideal as many users are putting the phone down when they get the dead tone as they think the number is incorrect.

I have checked our dial plan route plan report and can confirm that no other device etc has been allocated a number beginning with 692.

I've also created another translation patter (6935) to the same PSTN number and this works fine ie no dead tone when I dial the digit '3'. In fact I have tested 3,4,5 etc and they are fine its just 692.

Any help would be appreciated.......

BSOC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have the "Provide Outside Dial Tone" checkbox selected?  The dialtone can be delayed to the middle of a Translation Pattern depending on how fast a user dials and I've seen it throw off people before.  Make sure that option is not selected.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

My first step would be to remove the 6925 translation from CM.  Once removed, I would try dialing 6925 to see what happens, knowing full well that it should not work.  If there are any other patterns or devices beginning with 69 it should fail after pressing the 2 since there is nothing that matches.  I would then add the 6925 translation back in and test again.  Let us know!

Tony

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Jason Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have the "Provide Outside Dial Tone" checkbox selected?  The dialtone can be delayed to the middle of a Translation Pattern depending on how fast a user dials and I've seen it throw off people before.  Make sure that option is not selected.

You did search for ANY pattern that might match 692 and not only for things that start with 692 right?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The most obvious way to find the problem would be to run Dialed Number Analyzer and see what's going on exactly. Another useful thing is the Route Plan Report where you can specify the pattern 692 to see if there are any patterns or directory numbers starting with 692.

Kind regards,
Andrew C.

Kind regards, Andrew C.

Thanks for these suggestions guys. The customer has requested that I try these actions out of hours so this will probably be Monday next week now. I'll let you know the results then.

Many thanks

BSOC

I unchecked the 'provide outside dialtone' radio button and then the number '2' digit started working fine. I'm still unsure as to what the problem was here. Why was only the digit '2' causing problems? I stripped off the transaltion pattern as suggested and there were no other matches within the dial plan. Any ideas guys?

Regards

BSOC