cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Pattern Not Translating

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

I have a translation pattern setup to take any calls coming into 1000 and changing to calling party transformation mask to 3333 and send it to 2060 (voice mail pilot). When I dial 1000 internally it sends the call to 2060, but doesn't change the mask. If I setup one of my FXO MGCP Gateways to use 1000 as the Attendant DN, the calling party does get sent to 2060 as 3333. I'm lost. Please help!

2 Replies 2

sgossen
Level 4
Level 4

May I suggest this: redo the translation pattern as follows:

Translation Pattern: 1000

Partition:

Calling search space:

Called Party Transform Mask: 3333

(Do not put any "calling party transform mask" information - leave it blank)

Save your changes.

Now, create a CTI Route Point (CTIRP). Give it a device name of whatever you wish. Create the directory number of the CTIRP as 3333, put it in the same partition as the lines of your phones. Check the FORWARD ALL voicemail box, and give the forward all calling search space a CSS that can reach the voicemail pilot.

See if this works.

The reason I suggest this is because it would seem to me to be improper etiquette to transform a number directly to your voicemail pilot.

Good luck,

Scot

After MUCH searching I finally figured it out. 2060 is setup as a Hunt Pilot because it's the VM Pilot and the box was checked for "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask". SOOOO simple, yet it took me SO long to find it!

Thanks!!