cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation patterns - 3 locations - over 1,000 numbers

tsp1lrk777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi- facing this challenge with translation patterns. Our company has 3 locations and we use 3 digit dialing for 2 of them now. Issue is, we are over 1000+ numbers. Is there any way to accommodate this many translation patterns with this amount of numbers? Our company deals with members and vendors so we have ALOT of numbers.

Tried to add the 4 digit dialing, so for instance:

#001 - already a pattern

new location: 
#0001 - #0009 is fine

#0010 - issue- starts to dial #001 as a number already programmed. Turned off the "Urgent Priority" to make the 4 digit number work, but now the original #001 sits there waiting for more digits. Now I will have to change all the 3 digit ones to add a #at the end of the pattern to tell the system the number has ended as such: #001# (this would have to be done for over 1,000) numbers.

There is a time out option the T-302 timer- but will this affect our regular dialing? Any way to avoid overlap?

If anyone has any suggestions, please I'm open to anything!

Thanks,

Lisa

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure each location with local digit dialing (which I'll assume don't overlap in the same location), and then configure site code + 3-4 digit dialing for inter-office calls.

If you have overlapping in the same location, there's no way around that, besides changing/adjusting the dial plan to avoid that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate