cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting fax

Ray Morehead
Level 1
Level 1

OK, I'm ready to pull my hair out....hoping someone here is good at troubleshooting fax issues.(also, I'm doing this via android, so please bear with me)

We have a remote site connected to a main campus via a fiber wan. We have cucm, cuc 8.6 in our network. 2901 gateway for the remote site also configured for srst. I've looked at the gateways(both remote and main campus) all the dial peers appear to be configured correctly, although the main campus fax is on a vg224.

Heres our symptoms..sporadic incoming and sending faxes as well as incoming faxes missing half the page more often then not. I seemed to have it down as a routing issue but I'm not sure where to go from here. What debugs should I start with and where(gateways?, cucm?)
Any help with be greatly appreciated...also if you need more info, I'll be happy to provide.

~Ray

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

1 Reply 1

Jagpreet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ray,

Could you please provide the following:

> The complete call flow which has this issue. ( Example : PSTN >> PRI >> Voice Gateway >> MGCP >> CUCM >> H.323 >> VG224 >> Fax Machine ).

> Are we doing T.38 or Modem Pass Through for fax?

> Please share the running configuration of all gateways involved in the call flow.

> We will gather CCM traces and corresponding debugs ( of which I will let you know ) as soon as I have the above information.

Regards,

Jagpreet