Replies

Trying to log into VM box instead of transferring to users VM

sblizzard
Level 1
Level 1

First:

Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.6.1.20000-109

CUCM: System version: 8.6.1.20000-1

I have an issue with Unity.  Whenever I dial an extension that has a VM box, instead of transferring into the called numbers box, I get prompted to enter my PIN for my mailbox.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Matt McAuley
Level 1
Level 1

Had the same issue.

Make sure you VM profile mask is sending the correct extension digits IE XXXX

Now go into CUC and select forwarded transfer and rule 1 change the action from attempt transfer to attempt login, save then back into rule 1 and change to attempt login again. Reboot if no affect

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SIP or SCCP integration?

Make sure "use external phone number mask" is not cheked either on the Route Pattern with SIP or Hunt Pilot with SCCP.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the quick response.  I am using SCCP and checked the Hunt Pilot and "Use External Phone Mask" is NOT checked.

Another thing to check is make sure you have default Routing Rules on UCON and no weird rule was applied.

Chris

I don't see anything that looks weird.  This worked as it should at one time, but does not now.  I am not sure what changed, but I cannot find anywhere that even remotely looks like the right option to look at.

What are you seeing on Port Viewer?

Is the VM Profile on CUCM configured properly?

Chris

The VM profile looks good.  I have not installed the Port Viewer yet, but will first think in the morning.  I have to run out to take care of a few things.  Thanks for your help today.

Matt McAuley
Level 1
Level 1

Had the same issue.

Make sure you VM profile mask is sending the correct extension digits IE XXXX

Now go into CUC and select forwarded transfer and rule 1 change the action from attempt transfer to attempt login, save then back into rule 1 and change to attempt login again. Reboot if no affect

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks to Matt for the answer and Chris for all the help (and for showing me the Real Time Monitoring Tool).  I changed the Forwarding Rule to "Attempt Transfer" (it was on Attempt Sign In) and all is back to normal.

Thanks again,

Steve