cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

two phones at different CMEs ring at the same time Which feature to use?

dangquangminh
Level 1
Level 1

We have a scenario like this. Phone 1 (ext 2111) ---CME1----fiber cable/LAN----CME2-----Phone 2 (ext 3111).

CME1 at HQ and CME2 is at the branch. Both CMEs are 9.1.Phone 1 and Phone 2 are being used by the CEO. Now he wants when people call him, at 2111 or 3111, both phones will ring.

can we use hunt group in this case?

Thank you,

dangquangminh@vnpro.org CCIE#11897 6016 Tillsdows Dr, Mississauga,ON Canada L5N4M3
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure SNR for that scenario.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

MastahBates
Level 1
Level 1

Could you not use a secondary button for each phone?

Phone 1:

Button 1 = 3111

Button 2 = 2111

Phone 2:

Button 1 = 2111

Button 2 = 3111

Or 2111 and 3111 could be converted to a hunt pilot number, the two phones could be given completely different extension numbers and the distribution algorithm of the hunt group set to broadcast?

I think there are a number of different way this can be achieved in my opinion.

Thanks for your comments. if we use a second button, do we need to create a DirecrotyNumber 2011 on the CME-1 and DN 3111 on the CME-2?

dangquangminh@vnpro.org CCIE#11897 6016 Tillsdows Dr, Mississauga,ON Canada L5N4M3

Ah, I neglected to see that!

Yes you will but this will require additional forwarding rules I would think to enable forwarding the correct number over to the other CME

Let me have another think.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure SNR for that scenario.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: