cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 Incoming Number of rings

Aaron Banks
Level 1
Level 1

In a UC560, how to I set the system to answer so the caller calling in only hears 1 ring?  Is that even possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gousuman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Aaron,

please correct me if my understanding is correct, if an incoming call comes on UC560 , on FXO port , the FXO port should answer the call after 1 ring. That is the external caller will hear just 1 ring , and the port will answer the call.

you can try the following:

UC(config)#voice-port 0/2/0
UC(config-voiceport)#ring number ?
  <1-10>  The number of rings detected before closing loop

you can select the value as 1, so that it will close the loop after 1 ring.

i think this will fulfill your requirement.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gousuman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Aaron,

please correct me if my understanding is correct, if an incoming call comes on UC560 , on FXO port , the FXO port should answer the call after 1 ring. That is the external caller will hear just 1 ring , and the port will answer the call.

you can try the following:

UC(config)#voice-port 0/2/0
UC(config-voiceport)#ring number ?
  <1-10>  The number of rings detected before closing loop

you can select the value as 1, so that it will close the loop after 1 ring.

i think this will fulfill your requirement.

The port is set to pickup after 1 ring (per your suggestion above) however, the caller hears 2 - 2.5 rings.  The customer wants the caller to hear only 1.  My only other thought is they go to an auto attendant in which case the caller hears 1 ring then a menu.  How it is currently configured is the number goes to a blast group, 1st call is picked up after 2 rings, when the 2nd call comes in and goes to the 2nd member, that's when the caller experiences 2.5 to 3 rings before the call is picked up.

The requirement is fulfilled but the customer is still not satisfied.