cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCM Unity 8.0.2 - Message store

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Recently we migrated from the Windows 2000 based platform 6.0 into the new linux based platform UCCM Unity vm. On the prior release I was able to map a drive to the unity server>exchange volume. From there I could select my profile and retrieve voice messages from my inbox.

In the new version, (since I am unfamiliar with Linux) I have been advised mapping is no longer supported from a windows OS system.

I need to retrieve a message which I've created to be used as an automated attendant wav file for a script on a facility CME which requires a prompt with options.

Nobody here seems to know how to access each subscribers own profile to access the messages.

Can anybody help?

Thank you for any assistance.

Ross

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ross,

If I understand your question correctly (I'm pretty slow ) you could use the Inbox via > PCA

to save the message off as a .wav file.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user/guide/inbox/7xcucuginbox020.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

Hey Rob, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately our engineering group didn't add any extra functionality such as voicemail to email.

So basically I have to figure out where all subscriber messages are stored. This way I can navigate to my subscriber profile and extract the message I created and need to convert to wav.

I guess better explained.....

I need to retrieve the raw [physical] message file I made which is saved in my own voicemail box.

Configure IMAP, the actual messages are not accesible and there's no easy way to tell who they belong to as they have unique names which then are mapped to each user via the DB and a table which contains this info.

You forcefully need to get them via either PCA or IMAP.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ross,

Just to be clear, the Unity Web Inbox (via PCA) is different from IMAP/email access in this case. I'm sure

you are well aware of this but just thought I'd confirm that you would only need a couple

of Cisco Unity Inbox licenses to fire this up

Cheers!

Rob

Does PCA require a separate license? It doesn't allow logon with the admin login or my own login.

I've tried logging into

http://1xx.xx.x.xx/ciscopca

I'm prompted my username and pw are incorrect.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ross,

It requires a - Cisco Unity Inbox license (check Licensing via webadmin)

It also needs to be allowed on the COS > Licensed Services >

Cheers!

Rob

Excellent,

Figured as much. Thank you much sir!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Ross,

Let's try a different way that might work

Have a look at the excellent post from Hailey in this thread;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2077979

I just used this method to open PCA on a user who wasn't licensed and

was able to open the Greetings > click on greeting > Option > Save as (to desktop)

I could save the Greeting as a .wav to my desktop. So if you recorded your script as a Greeting

this might just work.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: