cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Menu Limit

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I need to build a script using menu with 20 connections; I checked the menu tool in UCCX I found only we can create 10 connections not more than this

Any idea how to do that ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Menu step is limited to ten options because it will only accept single-digit input. If you need to accept more than that (and the caller will actually pay attention to that many choices) you can use a Get Digit String step instead. You would set it to accept more than one digit for input. Following that you would use a Switch step to provide a case for each input the caller provided. Behind the scenes a Menu step just combines these two steps anyways.

The thing to remember is that some valid input scenarios (e.g. caller presses one digit but you have set the maximum input length of two digits) will not enter the Success branch of the Get Digit String step. You'll want to be sure that the other branches still proceed to the Switch step to evaluate the input provided by the caller.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

I used If statement but if there is any other way with menus will be more easier

I don't have any idea but there is a great external resource to discuss about UCCX scripting. You may get help from over there.

http://www.uccx.net/

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Menu step is limited to ten options because it will only accept single-digit input. If you need to accept more than that (and the caller will actually pay attention to that many choices) you can use a Get Digit String step instead. You would set it to accept more than one digit for input. Following that you would use a Switch step to provide a case for each input the caller provided. Behind the scenes a Menu step just combines these two steps anyways.

The thing to remember is that some valid input scenarios (e.g. caller presses one digit but you have set the maximum input length of two digits) will not enter the Success branch of the Get Digit String step. You'll want to be sure that the other branches still proceed to the Switch step to evaluate the input provided by the caller.

You also may want to think whether your callers want to go through 20 menu options..? that d be painful....Imagine yourself in their shoes...

i d consolidate these menu options under 6 or 7 or max 10 (the limit on menu step) and then put sub menu options so that it is broken out...and easier for the callers brain to navigate..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks guys; I used the Get digits string with digit length 2 and timeout option for 1 digit + if statement for each option in the menu.

thisisshanky I know it's painful and what you will say when you know it's for hospital who will wait all that long menu to choose where to go, I am sure they will use the easy way by pressing 0