Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 8.6: Extension Mobility Weird Issue

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have a bit of a conundrum. I have an agent who is configured with EM who works from home 1 or more times a week. When at home she logs into her IPCOMM soft phone over VPN. When in the office she logs into her physical 7945 desk phone.

Overall we have 25 agents with the same capabilities.

This one agent has an intermittent problem. She, along with the other 24 agents were all changed over to EM 4 months ago. Out of all of the agents she is the only one who has a problem every few weeks where she reports she is getting the "unable to login JTAPI" error when trying to log into CAD. When I check her phone and device profiles nothing looks any different. When I check route patterns she's not duplicated, and when I check Application User, both of her MACs are listed as controlled, the same as everybody else.

I can't get her to log on unless I completely blow away her em device profile, rebuild, reconfigure and re-assign EM. In the past 3 months it's happened twice with a few weeks in between, today is the third time.

I'm baffled, when it happens it's out of nowhere. She'll work from home and the office for a few weeks then come in one day and report she can't login. There's no errors besides the JTAPI message. Could it be her internet provider at home, VPN????? I have confirmed with her the correct logout process at completion of business when she's working at home.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

aaavvvmmm
Level 1
Level 1

Is it a cluster deployment ? ( PUB and SUB CUCM )

If so , try adding a second EM service that points to the SUB and check to see if this happen as well.

Add both services to her phone and make her try when failing with the PUB

BR,

Aviram

Pub and Sub, are you suggesting it's not synching with the subscriber node? Shouldn't this be affecting all of the subscribers configured with EM?

This is just an idea to Troubleshoot your problem.

maybe your phone is registered to the SUB and will have no problems with the EM service of the SUB.

this way you can eliminate server problems.

Phones are registered with pub. Although she'll be fine working from home a couple days a week then back in the office for the remainder of each week over a few weeks Each of the three times this has happened she worked from home the day before.