Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to backup CUCM

lucasnishimaru
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a CUCM 8.6, and i'm unale to configura a Backup Device in my CUCM, when add all the informations of my backup device and submit, the CUCM froze for a long time, and after minutes show me the message "Unable to access SFTP server. Please ensure the username and password are correct."

I have already checked the user in the sftp server, and everything is correct, including the privileges. There is another cluster that send the backup to a SFTP server that have the same configuration and work fine.

what can be happening?

11 Replies 11

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

What program are you using to perform the SFTP connection?  Normally OpenSSH is the standard being used.  Is there a firewall between your CUCM pub and the backup/storage server?

Thanks,
Tony

Please rate helpful posts!

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Hello Tony,

We are using OpenSSH, and there is no firewall between cucm and the storage.

Hi Lucas,

Are you able to show your OpenSSH config?  It may be as simple as the path being incorrect or a setting,

Thanks,
Tony

Thanks,
Tony

When troubleshootig CUCM 8.X with my clients the backup issue is usually the path setting on the CUCM. Are you usnig the ./ in the beginning of the path name?

Lucas,

I'm sure you already double checked, but something my technicians don't always check is Windows firewall.  However, in my case it's a corporate setting that gets enforced.

Otherwise, if you would like to try a different program that I like to use: SolarWinds SFTP & SCP server.  It's easy to configure and in my opinion hard to screw up.

A quick Google search and a free download later, you can give it a try.

G'luck!

Brendan

Hi Lucas,

can u share the snapshot of what u have configured in Backup device undeer DRS?

I think the problem is related to incorrect path.Can u make a folder and copy exe of stftp software and execute.Also, in Sftp software , check settings for path pointing to this folder.

regds,

aman

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Lucas,

you can use FreeFTPd it is a free sftp server. just download it and it is really easy to configure.

also try to ping the SFTP server from the CUCM.

Regards,
Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

FYI -

FreeFTPd is no longer a Cisco supported program for doing backups.  This is due to file size restrictions.

Thanks,
Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

that is true Freeftpd is not recommended due to Size restrictions [exceeding 1GB] but at least we can check just to overcome the error.

regds,

aman

Hello,

I tried with freeFTP use the destionation my PC, and worked normally.

Hello,

Max 3 miss config cuase this problem.

1) More than 1 SFTP service running - Since your mentioned openSSH, make sure no other SFTP service like Free SFTP, solarwind service are not running in the backup server

2) Miss credentilas configuration - Make sure you are providing same credentilas in CUCM and backup server ends

3) Miss Path provided in CUCM backup - Make sure you are providing correct file name path in CUCM.

-Murali