Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to call the voicemail pilot

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Good Day All,

II have a phone that is not able to call the voicemail pilot when it is subscribed to CUCM subscriber, (fastbusy)   but can always call the voicemail pilot when it is subscribed to the CUCM Publisher.

There is a SIP trunk between the CUCM Publisher and the CUC device.

I am thinking that I also need a SIP trunk between the Subscriber and the CUC as well.

Will I also need to setup a second "telephone system' under the CUC to point to my subscriber?

any help greatly appreciated.

alalli

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I seem to recall someone who knows more about CUCM internals than I do telling me about a 'route local' rule. I think this meant that if you have a SIP trunk with a CCM Group of (CMA, CMB), or the 'enable on all nodes' option checked, that it would route the SIP call from whichever CUCM your phone was registered to.

What is probably happening is that CUC is rejecting the call from your sub, as it only knows about the publisher. If you do into the page in CUC admin where you configured the publisher, you should be able to add a second reference to the subscriber (not a seperate phone system, but a second SIP server in the same phone system).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am not sure where to find the options you have mentioned in the Call Manager administration panel.

I logged onto the Unity Connection server and could see that there is only a single Telephony interface setup to the publisher call manager.  All 20 of my ports are all pointing directly to a SIP trunk on the Publisher.

I think that I will need to either purchase additional CUC ports and point them to the subscriber or re-provision the current ports to allow traffic between CUC and the subscriber.

I am still trying to confirm this.

If anyone knows for sure,  please jump in and help us out????

thanks so much

Regards

Amanda

Hi Amanda

No licenses needed.

Just:

1) Log into CUC Admin

2) Go to 'Telephony Integrations' then 'Port Group'

3) Click your existing port group

4) Click 'edit' (a drop down menu in the port group window) then 'servers'

5) Click 'add' if necessary in the top 'CallManager Servers' section and make sure you have added all the CUCMs that you have in the DevicePool/CM Group assigned to the trunk (i.e. all of them if you just have two CUCMs).

6) Hit 'save'

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Harrison,

I had the same problem when I changed the Cisco Unified CM group on my Call manager, my voice ports were marked as "rejected" status, and if I returned to te original CM  group they registered withouth any problems. At the first I thought it was a servive in the node, but I was wrong.

I did what you suggested and it worked

Thank you,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: