cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete a Device Pool

alchew0001
Level 1
Level 1

I am not able to delete the "Device Pool". I'm getting the error message "Delete failed. The pkid column in the devicepool table in the database is being referenced from another table. Please check the dependency records, remove the reference, and then try the delete again.". 

I have checked in the "Dependency Records Summary". 1 Record(s) are using Device Pool at Device Defaults.

I tried to find in Device Defaults, none are using the device pool. All my device pool are set as "Default".

Help needed?

4 Replies 4

ricklefevers
Level 1
Level 1

I have same issue 11.5.1

Do a BAT export of your Device Defaults. It's a long-shot, but it is possible there is some weird table artifact that isn't visible in the GUI. (This is not unheard of.)

Maren

I have exported out the BAT Export of the device default, I have verified in the CSV file and I didn't see the specific device pool is a list, all the device pool was in "Default". 

Interesting. If the Bulk Administration > Import/Export> Export of the Device Defaults table is not showing you the entry, let's try a SQL query next:

First, run a query to get the pkid of the device pool you are trying to delete. Then run a query against the device defaults where that pkid is referenced:

run sql select pkid from devicepool where name='name-of-bad-DP'
run sql select * from defaults where fkdevicepool like 'pkid-of-bad-DP'

Does that show an entry?

Maren