cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to do Ad Hoc Conferencing

nelson.chu
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUCM 7.1(3) cluster.  We are experiencing problems with Ad Hoc Conferencing.  When all (3) IP phones are in the same Device Pool (A-DP), it works fine.  However, it has to be in this particular Device Pool (A-DP).  But, when you put the (3) phones into another Device Pool (B-DP), Ad Hoc Conferencing does not work. In addition, Ad Hoc Conferencing does not work between A_DP and B_DP, either.  Whenever a users tries to bridge the 3rd party into Ad Hoc conference, it drops the 2nd party and bridges the 3rd and 1st party together.  I checked the Region settings, but did not find anything. It did work before today.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure you're not using G729?? Usually that's the behavior you get when you have codec issues.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure you're not using G729?? Usually that's the behavior you get when you have codec issues.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

The 1st thing that I checked was codec.  The A-Region is set for G.729 to B-Region and vice versa.  For troubleshooting, I changed it to G.711, but still Ad Hoc fails.

This is weird because even in the intra-Device Pool and Regions is set for G.711, it does not work except for (1) particular Device Pool (A-DP).  For example, if all the (3) IP phones are in A-DP and A-Regions (G711), it works without any issues. 

However, if I put all (3) IP phones into another Device Pool (B-DP and B-Regions-G711) and I try to do intra-site Ad Hoc, it drops the 2nd caller in the conference.

Another note: The Meetme conference does not work, either.