cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to download Ringlist-wb.xml from tftp

Sean Grubb
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CUCM 10.5.1 and are now swapping out all of our 7900 series phones for 8800 series phones. I have been able to successfully upload new wallpapers for these phones as well as the xml file that goes with them. I was never able to download the List.xml file for that, so I just had to create my own from scratch, but that one was easy. The ringtones we already have loaded on the server though, we would like to use for these 8800 phones as well. I have absolutely no luck trying to get the Ringlist-wb.xml file from the server. I have tried multiple applications to act as a server on my PC and I either get an error in the cli about the port being wrong(even though it shouldn't be) or the username/password being incorrect. At this point I am about ready to tell the users to just deal with the stock ringtones they have.

I just need a little help with getting the files off the tftp server of the call manager. Off topic, but does anyone know why the ringtones that are already there will not show up on the new phones? I was under the impression they were the same format?

Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sean,

Have you seen this related thread that notes a possible bug and some good work arounds?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12307391/issue-ringtones-cucm-105

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

Hi Sean,

Yes, I think that would work :)

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sean,

Have you seen this related thread that notes a possible bug and some good work arounds?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12307391/issue-ringtones-cucm-105

Cheers!

Rob

I hadn't seen that yet but I am going to test it out now. Within that thread I found a link to a sample ringlist.xml. Do you think it would be possible to edit that with the current ringtones file names and upload it (replacing the current Ringlist-wb.xml) and that may allow these new 8800 phones to see the rest of the ringtones?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sean,

Yes, I think that would work :)

Cheers!

Rob

Wanted to let you know that I was able to re-do the Ringlist-wb.xml from scratch using the file names I could see in our tftp server and after uploading it and restarting the tftp server we were able to access our old custom ringtones. Made many users happy. I noticed though that the ringtones that ship with the 8811's are a different file format. .rwb I think. Do you know of any programs that can save in that format?