cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to have calls automatically transfer to another extension.

services
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am having trouble with automatically transferring calls to another extension.  Our company has a service line (3115) that used to go to an offshore call center.  Now we would like to have calls on 3115 transfer over to our receptionist (3131) during normal business hours and after hours, direct voicemails to a service mailbox. I was able to get the voicemails directed to the mailbox but I can not get the calls to transfer to the 3131 extension. 

We are running ancient versions of Cisco Call Manager (4.1) and Cisco Unity (5.0).  We are on a domain running Windows 7 Pro with Exchange 2013.  Any help with this is greatly appreciated.  Thank you all very much for the time.  Have a great day!

Respectfully,

George D.

7 Replies 7

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
  • You can transfer the call on 3115 to Unity Connection Call Handler.
  • Use the scheduler on Call Handler to differentiate between Office and Non Office Hours and treat accordingly
  • Alternatively we can also use Time Schedule on Partitions to treat the call differently.

Haris,

Thank you for the information.  I have attached a screen shot of what I think should be the correct configuration but I still cannot get it to roll to 3100.  I just don't see what I am doing wrong and my supervisors are riding me about it.

Thank you again for the time, Haris!

Respectfully,

George D.

Your transfer rule seems Correct, What is happening to the call is it dropping or palyin Default Voicemail Prompt ?

Can send complete call flow and screenshot of Main Page of Call Handler.

1) First do call Forward call on Ext 3115 in CUCM

2) In Unity You an create Call Routing Rules ( Forwarding Rules and send to Call  Handler Transfer Rules) to send call to transfer rules of Call Handler

Haris,

When I call the 3115 it rings once and then goes directly into the voicemail.  I have attached a screen shot of the main page of CH like you requested but I do not know what you are referring to regarding complete call flow.  I am really sorry but about 3 months experience with these pieces of software so there is ALOT I don't know.  Could I have set up the call forwarding incorrectly?  Where exactly does that get set up?

As a temporary work around, I have forwarded the calls from the 3115 phone itself to the receptionist.  At least that works!

Is this where I would set up the forwarding?  It doesn't appear to be configured.

Yes Create a rule in Call Forwarding.

Below are the snapshots from my CUCM

1) Set the Call Forwarding to Voicemail in CUCM Under Directory Number Configuration Page

2) Then set the Call Forwarding Rules. In this example it is set to go to greetings but you need to choose transfer rules.

3) Below it you need to set the Criteria to match the rules. In below it is matching if call is forwarded from 5811 extensions.

4) Then On Call Handler we can set the extension to which call should be transferred and the schedule. Make sure to check the schedule you have applied so that it is routed properly.

6) Make sure you have applied the proper schedule to the Call Handler.

7) Standard Transfer rule apply when call arrive during schedule and Closed Transfer rules will route call if call arrives outside the schedule. make sure you have configured both correctly 

Thank you so much Haris for all the help!  My software is very outdated so I am searching to find the pages you have shown me. 

I really appreciate the assistance!

Respectfully,

George D.