Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping from CUMC(on VMWARE) to PC

Jeylinux4Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I have Windows Vista OS in my laptop and VMWARE Worstation 9.0 application installed.

I have installed CUCM 8.0 in VMWARE now. I can only able to ping the Call Manager IP Address itself. Unable to reach PC, Switch and router so on..

I am using my Virtual Net Adapter settings as " Bridged"

My Laptop IP : 10.10.70.13

My CUCM IP on VMWARE - 10.10.70.20

Gateway of CUCM on VMWARE - 10.10.70.13

Is anything is missing here to create a communication between Virtual Machine and my Physical N/W?

Thanks & Regards.

Bala

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Bala,

I will suggest that you check if you have windows firewall turned on on your PC. If you do it usually doesnt allow pings to the PC (in my experience especially from vmware)

You also should no worry about default gateway unless you have two different networks. If your switch and router is on a different network to your PC/vmware then as Chris suggested your default gateway has to be an interfacem o n the switch that is on the same subnet as the vmware/pc. But this shouldnt prevent you accessing the PC.

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Bala,

If you are doing bridged then your default GW should not be the IP address of the PC, but the default GW of the network, basically bridged networking makes the VM appear as a separate computer on the network.

HTH,

Chris

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Bala,

I will suggest that you check if you have windows firewall turned on on your PC. If you do it usually doesnt allow pings to the PC (in my experience especially from vmware)

You also should no worry about default gateway unless you have two different networks. If your switch and router is on a different network to your PC/vmware then as Chris suggested your default gateway has to be an interfacem o n the switch that is on the same subnet as the vmware/pc. But this shouldnt prevent you accessing the PC.

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hello there,

I have turned off the Windows firewall and tried,but still no luck..

Thanks and Regards,

Bala

Hi Aokanlawon,

I have opened the Administrative Tools - Windows Firewall with advanced Setting as an Administrator and allowed a Vmware Application.. Now i am able to connect my vmware with all of the nodes in Network. Thanks for your help..

Thanks & Regards,

Bala

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have a wireless adapter on ? Try and disable it, then ping again

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App