Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to register in CME

lex_ledonio
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I am mystified with my configuration. I have 7942 ip phone it is supported by my 2921 router with os version 15.2(M4). I was able to configured it successfully last week and it is working well. Since i dont have a full license for unified communication, i decided to temporarily disable uck9 EvalRightToUse license. 

just this morning i re-enabled uck9 package, and reconfigured the said ip phone. phone firmware is installed and ok, tftp-server flash:xxx files are present, loads file SCCP42.9-1-1SR1S.loads is loaded, i have re-created cnf-files. i have also checked configurations, sh telephony-service tftp bindings and it appears ok.

But despite all of these, the ip phone is stuck on REGISTERING...

Im frustrated since i have successfully configured it before, and now i've spent almost a day fixing it over and over again

HELP =)

4 Replies 4

Yeikol Espinoza
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

Make sure that both uck9 and cme-srst licenses shows active and in use. 

Use the "show licence" command.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

If the evaluation license has already expired the phones will not register... 

Regards,

Yeikol E.

shown in attached file is the current status of my uck9. is there any prob in there?

Your licenses look fine. Can you check the debugs for debug ephone register, debug tftp events ? Reset the phone and collect these debugs. Let's see what's happening when the phone tries to register with the CME

Hi,

There are a few things I would like to suggest:

Are you using any sort of RADIUS authentication for the phones MAC? (if this has been working it should not be a problem, however, server may be unreachable)

Is the phone plugged in the correct port and VLAN?

Do you see the phone getting any IP address?

Also, do collect debugs from CME to see what's happening.

Bijo