Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to update line through custom file through CUCM 11.5

bmcb555
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Appreciate some help on this one, I'm trying to update the line settings on a lot of DN. I'm trying to use the custom file in order to do this and am following https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/upating-line-config-using-bat/td-p/1357299#3039692

I've checked overwrite in insert but looking at the job scheduler I get the following

Error : 4052 Cannot insert or update pattern. A DN exists with the same pattern and partition.

Any ideas ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi bud,

I did, I had to use the import/export feature under Bulk Admin. I bulked out the phones, edited them and reuploaded them and it worked like a charm. When you export it'll be a zip file you'll get this header.txt file with. When you're finished editing make sure to zip the edited file and this headers file together and re-import it to CUCM as an import. Back to Bulk Admin à Import. Tick the device data and override the existing configuration

You only need the DN and partition in the file, I used mine with 3 lines, DN partition and call recording (as this is what I wanted to modify). All the other settings remained the same except call recording which I modified in the CSV. It’ll save you some heart ache if you do it this way

Don’t forget to format your cells as well to text !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Michael Geiss
Level 1
Level 1

Ever Find a solution for this? I've been editing phones in bulk forever and am now just hitting this error...

Hi bud,

I did, I had to use the import/export feature under Bulk Admin. I bulked out the phones, edited them and reuploaded them and it worked like a charm. When you export it'll be a zip file you'll get this header.txt file with. When you're finished editing make sure to zip the edited file and this headers file together and re-import it to CUCM as an import. Back to Bulk Admin à Import. Tick the device data and override the existing configuration

You only need the DN and partition in the file, I used mine with 3 lines, DN partition and call recording (as this is what I wanted to modify). All the other settings remained the same except call recording which I modified in the CSV. It’ll save you some heart ache if you do it this way

Don’t forget to format your cells as well to text !