cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Messaging - Listening to forwarded messages on iphone

jimlozano
Level 1
Level 1

We use Cisco Unity Connection 10.5 with unified messaging. We had a user complain that he did not get a forwarded message, only the forwarder's intro message. When we tested we found all was working in our network and he could hear the forwarded message on his IP phone and in Outlook at his desk. We found that he could not listen to it if he tried to access it in email on his iPhone. He gets the forwarders intro message and the attached email that should have the message is visible but when you open it there is no message file to hear. Is there a way to get this to work or is it a limitation? I'm guessing the answer is going to be that there are many possible reasons this isn't working including possible issue with the mobile carrier and the phone O.S. but I'd appreciate any input on this I can get. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using "secured messaging" by any chance?

What codec are the messages stores as on Unity?

Hello Chris and thanks for your respons.

If you mean message security checked on all mailboxes, the answer is no. Regarding codec, I have not been able to find where I see which codec is used for the message store. I do see we are advertising both codecs.

Jim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: