Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Provisioning Manager - BE6K

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I'm currently installing a BE6K and trying to use UPM, I have followed the installation guide but I am running into issues when trying to use UPM, when i first populate the data under devices all items test ok however when i click "Go to site Management" button a message appears in the centre of the screen stating "Update in Progress". The message hadn't cleared after 30mins but i could see route patterns, voicemail ports etc had appeared in CUCM and in CUCN, i have tried moving on to sites but it's not refreshing the data from the CUCM (i dont wan't to use the poor naming convention of PM_ etc).

Is there anyway to get passed this stage or to clear the configuration without trashing cucm/cucn?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

5 Replies 5

relionllc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Richard,

I'm curious, have you made progress with UPM? I've been trying to configure a BE6K with UPM and have gotten nowhere. Between errors, scarce documentation and what looks like just a buggy GUI in general, I haven't even gotten to the point where a phone and user are set up yet. And that's after hours on the phone with TAC, too.

Hi,

After installing the UPM twice and running into errors on both occasions i gave up with UPM, unfortunately the project didnt allow me enough time to conintue to look into why this wasnt working so i went back to creating csv's to import the users and devices from them.

Thanks,

Richard

Bummer, but that's kind of what I expected your answer to be. I've wiped the VMs and reinstalled multiple times now trying to make progress. It would have been quicker to skip the provisioning apps and do everything from within CUCM/CUC. That's what you did ultimately? Have you deployed any more?

Yeah i followed the installation guide to the letter - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/unified_provisioning_manager/9.0/install/guide/cupm90ig.html
- and delete the CUCM and CUC both times after running into issues, I did this mainly so knew that the CUCM/CUC integration would be configured correctly.

I have spoken to someone within the Cisco UC business unit who informs me that UPM 9 will be replaced with an updated and improved product f;or CUCM 10. In the meantime we havent recommened this product to any clients so havent had the need to install it again, i suppose if they were to insist on using it i would test it out fully in our lab.

I started out with Prme Collaboration thinking that was the one that made it easiest, but I had it backwards, it's UPM that's supposed to be easier. So that was the first wipe. Then there was the application user account that can't be changed and conflicted with LDAP, so that was another wipe. There were 5-6 so far.

I'm waiting on a collaborative (irony?) session with TAC (Australia) and the BU (India?) to help make it past the first 3 screens of the GUI. Yes, I've heard the same, basically it'll be Prime Collaboration with the added "ease" of UPM. Since it doesn't work, you'd think it'd be called v1.x, not 9.x, no?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: