cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 Phone View - XML Error [4] Parse Error when playing a VM msg

cogden
Level 1
Level 1

I have successfully configured Phone View on Unity Connection 8.5(1).

My CUCM is also 8.5(1).

I am able to 'Search' and obtain a list of voicemails which are displayed on the LCD of the phone (7975 in this case).

However, when I select a VM to actually play/listen to it, very briefly and error message "XML Error[4]: Parse Error" is displayed before the voicemail is subsequently played.

So Phone View appears to find the voicemails OK and also to play them fine.

There is just a split second display of the above XML error which is obviously some 'object' or whatever that it cannot recognise or find (or it is a bug).

I am reluctant to deploy this feature to end users with this particular state of affairs.

Can anyone offer an explanation or a workaround to get rid of this error msg being displayed?

Chris Ogden

3 Replies 3

Atul Khanna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

This is a cosmetic issue due to a limitation of the XML application.There is no  workaround or fix for the issue. There is a documented defect for  visibility, however focused efforts are moving towards using Visual Voice Mail rather than Phone View.

Please refer to following link :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsq33794

-Atul

Please rate, if this helps!!

Touché Atul!  :-)

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

I believe CSCsq33794 is a cosmetic issue, that will likely not be resolved; as Phone View is now deemed to have been superceded by Visual Voicemail.

Kind regards,

Craig