Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY CONNECTION 8.6 SUPPORT ON VMWARE WORKSTATION 7.X

HARISH S
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have been trying to install UC 8.6 on Vmware Workstation 7.x .By looking at OVA eventhough I configured the RAM to 4 GB and Hard disk size to 160 GB ,its still not showing the option for Unity Connection .If I increase the RAM and Hard disk size and Processor Capacity it shows CUCM BE 3000 series and CUCM BE 5000 series ,but still it never shows Unity Connection .What can be the problem ?

Thanks,

Harish

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all I will assume this is for lab practice only as Cisco UC products are only supported on ESXi 4/5 not workstation.

Which OVA tempalte did you install? Check out supported OVAs here:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/OVA_Template_Details_for_Unity_Connection_Release_8.6.2

Chris

Thankyou Chris .

Yes this is for my lab use only .

What I donot undestand is that I can install CUCM ,CUCM BE 3000 series and CUCM BE 5000 series using VM ware Workstation .As I increase my RAM ,CPU and Hard disk size all CUCM options show up .Onlu UC does not show up .I just want to know why is this happening .I have given exactly same as given in OVA .I am running the Workstation on a server that has 16 GB RAM and 2 TB hard disk and Intel I7 Processor .

Earlier if you are installing 8.0 versions they all got installed on Work stations now 8.6 CUC is not installed on VM.

Thanks,

Harish