Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6 System Call Handler not working

scatman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Got unity connection 8.6 and its brand new. Managed to create users and vm boxes etc through LDAP and all appears to work.

I am trying to understand how to create new system call handler for a small helpdesk, just standard greeting and closed.

1. I have created a CTI route point on cucm with a DN 8000 with cfwd all to cvoicemail

2. i have created a system call handler called Helpdesk with an extension 8000.

3. I have enabled a schedule.

4. recorded a name welcome to Helpdesk.

5. recorded a closed message

When i dial out of hours it just says welcome to Helpdesk then the automated voicemail kicks in saying leave a message.

no closed message is played?

I have tried with a forward rule and without

I have looked through the documentation but it isn't in enough detail. Can anyone point me to a conclusive guide on how to do this or any pointers greatly appreciated. 

many thanks

Si                

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Si,

You are on good track, you need to create 2 call handlers, one for after hours and one for business hours.

1. Create after hours call handler and assign it to all hours schedule, record greeting, do not assign extension
  2. Create business hours call handler, assign DN, assign the schedule you created, enable Closed Greeting and set it play nothing and transfer call to the after hours call handler you created earlier.

That's it.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Si,

You are on good track, you need to create 2 call handlers, one for after hours and one for business hours.

1. Create after hours call handler and assign it to all hours schedule, record greeting, do not assign extension
  2. Create business hours call handler, assign DN, assign the schedule you created, enable Closed Greeting and set it play nothing and transfer call to the after hours call handler you created earlier.

That's it.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris

Yes this has worked, please tell me where this is mentioned in the Cisco documentation as I can't find it.

thanks v much for your help..

cheers

Si

Si,

Thanks for nice rating, I am not sure if they document this well in any of the documents, I think you kind of may have to put the pieces together as the admin doc has separate sections on building schedules, separate ones for building call handlers, etc.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: