cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 9.1 does not answer calls

michalis1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have setup a cucm 9.1 cluster and a cuc 9.1 cluster which i have integrated with sccp.

A have designed a centrally based voice messaging solution comprised of 2 nodes in a cluster connected on a campus mpls network.

The problem is that although the integration test from unity connection seems to be fine, when i forward a DN to voicemail and try to call that DN

i get a call failure tone. It seems that the call is not reaching cuc, because i monitor the ports of cuc and all the ports are idle. As far as partitions and css i believe that i am fine because i run the dial analyser tool and it seems fine. Also i can call voice mail from the phones and personalize the mailbox of a user.

I believe it is a license issue: I have 300 users on my cucm cluster with cuwl licenses. I tried to import 2-3 users from cucm but i get license violation,

is that correct with cuwl license i think that you do not need any extra licenses for voice mail and auto attendant. Am I correct ?

Also in my integration i cannot add more than 24 ports how can i expand to 48 do i need license for that as well ?

How can i troubleshoot that issue ?

18 Replies 18

What is the trace setting set to on this cucm? Is it set to detailed?

Please rate all useful posts

yes, I checked it.

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello michalis1234,

As per the Supported Platform List for Cisco Unity Connection 9x

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/supported_platforms/9xcucspl.html#wp692282

If you are using a Virtual Platform Overlay for up to 1,000 Users the Total number of available ports per virtual machine: Voice + TTS + Voice recognition is 24.

If you believe your platform is allowed for more ports, what message do you get when trying to create additional ports?

For the other Call flow issue have you done a Route Plan report to check there is no overlapping DN's ?

Even though you did the DNA have you manually verified there isn't any Pattern being matched?

Yes i am using the standard ova for 1000 users for both (Pub and Sub), hence i guess i can only use 24 ports. If in the future i need more ports can i give in my vm more cpu and memory and add ports without having any license issues ?

As far as the call flow i have checked the route plan (pilot number 1000 dns start from 10000.

I have assigned the partion of the viocemail pilot to a dn and i can certainly call that dn.