Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 9.1

Steve Galarza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to find documentation about changing DNS on the Cisco Unity Connection. I would like to know if by changing the DNS on the server would  cause an issue with licensing?

I know it is true for 8.x but not sure for 9.1 and above.

Steve

1 Reply 1

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It should not change the licensing as licensing structure is difference in 9.X and is being managed from ELM.

Ref: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/115166/licensing-architecture-cisco-unified-communication-manager-cucm-version-9x-faq-live#Q:_What_are_the_benefits_of_this_licensing_structure_over_the_previous_DLU_structure

In case of VMWARE, use 8 to 9 parameters to generate a license MAC. Even if you change any one of the parameters, such as NTP Address or the Time Zone, the license MAC will change. Then, you need to procure new licenses. However, with this Enterprise License Manager in place, even if you made those changes you do not have to worry about the licenses. There is a product instance that has already been added to the ELM. Even if you make any changes, it will grab the required license from ELM.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts