Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection alternative message for ooh and weekends

Stuart C
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Is there a way I can have a single inbox, play a different recording on a weekday, and a different message on the weekends.  I know you can create schedules, but is there a way to play a completely different voice mail message?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That is what the schedules do? You can set those times to “closed” and enable and record the closed greeting. That greeting and it’s associated rules will play. 

However, if you need different caller input then you need that sked to transfer to a different call handler as they are active on all greetings. 

Hi,
So how can I changed the greeting associated to the weekend schedule? How can I tell what greeting is associated to it?
Thanks

First you need to have a schedule. That determines which greeting is played. Then you assign schedule to user/call handler/etc. Greetings can be changed on user/call handler settings page. User's greetings are manageable through phone interface as well.

Thank you,

Mikolaj

**** PLEASE RATE IF USEFUL ****

Mikolaj -  thanks for following up ! I replied the below via email but it was eaten somehow in intake.

Under the User Basics portion of the user’s configuration, set your schedule in the Active Schedule dropdown

Then, under Edit -> Greetings, check the checkbox next to Closed to enable it and click save, and it will be on

The user can also turn it on from the TUI greetings menu, it is one of the options in there to edit the closed greeting and turn it on, or the PCA.

User mailboxes can only have one schedule set for greetings, but it can also include holidays which would play the holiday greeting on those days, if enabled.

Probably the biggest thing with those is just making sure you’ve configured the pre and post greeting actions the same on all greeting types, otherwise it can result in mail being left on a closed/holiday basis unexpectedly.