Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection HA

yun zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I have a question , our customer bought two callmanager and one unity connection with cuwl license ,verion is 7.1.5 at last year . and this year they want buying a new unity connection for Vmail system HA and upgrade software of all uc systems  from old version to 8.5 , How do choose the product?

Do i choose hardware for unity connection only ?  not need to buy the unity connection 8.5 software and license ? how do i check the unity connection can support HA feature current ? thanks

harvey

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Do you have UCSS on all products. If then you can upgrade to 8.5 for free from 7.x on both platforms. But that still doesnt give you HA since you originally did not buy HA license for Unity 7 (which was only cold standby solution anyway).

The HA license will cost you little extra and the hardware required for it as well..

I would also suggest if you havent looked at the C-series or B-series virtualization hardware then you might want to look at it....

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi

Yes  The customer had bought ucss and esw service for all user . but you don't  tell me the new hardware of unity connection need to buy software of 8.5 ?

How do I check  the system has not  active HA License ?

Unity Connection HA no longer has a cost and is included under CUWL which you state is the model the customer purchased under. You can place an order in PUT for the 8.5 installable media. Choose an upgrade that includes HA in the part number.

As for hardware support the Supported Platforms List states what models are/are not supported.

Please rate helpful replies.