Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection License & ELM Server Problem

jmhalegre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a customer that has reported us problems with Cisco Unity Connection, when I connect to this, I see that it shows a message indicating "Cisco Unity Connection can not answer calls. A license violation has ocurred.", when I review the licenses I see that there is no connectivity with the ELM Server and I understand that this is the cause of the problem.

cap1.png

cap2.png

When I connect to the Enterprise License Manager - CUCM I see that the Unity instance does not appear, is it normal? Should it appear?

I try to add the instance of the Unity product but the following message appears:

cap3.png

Reviewing documentation related to this error message I have seen the following:

cap4.png

If I do this, will the problem be solved?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Juan Miguel Huertas Alegre

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this product being managed by another ELM server? Is the other server unavailable. If so, you can click Yes and take over management. Be sure the proper licenses are installed on this ELM.

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this product being managed by another ELM server? Is the other server unavailable. If so, you can click Yes and take over management. Be sure the proper licenses are installed on this ELM.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thank for the info.

I have reviewed the ELM CUC and CUCM Subscriber and I do not see that it is being used for licensing.

cap5.png

In fact when I try to add the CUC instance in the CUCM Publisher - "ccmp1-7825-pinto.pinto.local", the error message it indicates that the CUC instance is already handled by "ccmp1-7825-pinto.pinto. local ", but it does not appear.

Regarding the issue of licenses, I only see the following:

Type                         Required Installed Unused
Essential (9.x)           18           48         30
Enhanced Plus (9.x)  9             39         30
Enhanced (9.x)         290         587       297
CUWL Standard (9.x) 1            2          1
Basic (9.x)                 15          35        20

As far as I can see, the Unity licenses are missing.

I'm going to review it because recently the CUCM PUB broke down and they installed it again, and surely they did not add the licenses.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Hi Team,

I followed the instructions and the product instance was linked correctly.

cap6.png

For the issue of licenses I have opened case.

Thanks & Best Regards,

I have faced this before and as Brandon mentioned just hit yes and you can take over the management with your ELM
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: