Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection mailbox with same extension

huntlee
Level 1
Level 1

Dear NetPro gurus,

My customer is using Unity Connection 8.0 with CUCM 8.0 and all customer phone has 3 digit extensions.

e.g. 1XX
       2XX

All of these phones at HK offices are in HK-Internal-PT.

The original design is that this Unity Connection 8.0 server will ONLY be used by their Hong Kong office.  And the Unity Connection server is integrated to a LDAP server at HK.  However, the customer now has an extra office (Beijing) which happens that their internal extension is also 1XX and they want to utilize the same Unity Connection server.

With CUCM, I can help the customer to put all these Beijing phones into a different partition (e.g. BJ-Internal-PT).  And I can give it a site code so when they need to call each other, they can have the following site code:-

*01 - for Hong Kong
*02 - for Beijing

This is all good and done for on call routing side for IP Phone calls.  However, for the Unity Connection side, how can i make it so if the Hong Kong has a user with extension 100, together with another user with extension 100, how can they both have their own mailbox??

I have spent a lot of time thinking over this but I couldn't get anywhere.  Would be greatly appreciated if you could shed some light on this.

Cheers,
Hunt

15 Replies 15

Dear Cliff,

Okay understood.

One more question though.

In my previous example:-

Ext 120 office 1 RNA ==>  Voicemail Profile 1XXX  ==>   Unity Connection receives RNA transfer from 1120 ==>  Mailbox with extension 1120

Ext 120 office 2 RNA ==>  Voicemail Profile 2XXX  ==>   Unity Connection receives RNA transfer from 2120 ==>  Mailbox with extension 2120

With enabling 'Multi-tenant MWI' and translation pattern to translate 1XXX back to XXX & another translation pattern to translate 2XXX back to XXX.  How does the MWI differentiate itself so that when for example, mailbox 2120 (for office 2) is sending a MWI back to CUCM, it won't send it to Ext 120 on office 1 as well?? since on the CUCM end, both of the extensions are Ext 120??

Cheers,

Hunt