cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection OVF template question

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

We have a customer bought UCS C-210 series servers, currently they are going to migrate Unity to Unity conection 8.6.2 on these servers. Customer have around 400 users now and might grow up to 750 in next 5-10 years but not beyond that, my question is can I install 1000 users template on C-210 servers though it is mentioned in the OVF template for CMBE 6K (which is installed on C-200 servers) on the following docwiki

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/OVA_Template_Details_for_Unity_Connection_Release_8.6.2

I'm assuming I can do it becuase CMBE 6K is similatr to regular CUCM or Unity connection with less number of users supported.

I know I have plenty of room in the servers since customer has almost 1.4 TB of HDD and 48 GB RAM but in next 6 months they are planning to migrate their CUCM, UCCE and CER servers on this paltform so trying to use less resource to accomodate other servers at the same time it should not degrade performace please help looking for experts opinion whether I can do this or have to go with 5000 user template.

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

no, you may not. Not supported, you need either the 500, 5000, 10000 or 20000 user template.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Chris, Thanks for your quick response. Customer wanted to check with Cisco again so we opened a case with PDI HD, I referred the WiKi doc too to the PDI engr, he checked with BU engineers and said though it is mentioned in the doc only for CMBE6K it is supported for any 1000 user install. I just wanted to let you know.