cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connnection 8.5, how do I force the Language over to UK English?

iananderson
Level 1
Level 1

I have instaled the UK English Locale and the voice mail promts are all correctly in English now. However the user names are given out are in US English when unity aswers a call. Eg if the call goes to the users mail box and he has not recorded his own name,  it does some sort of text to speech look up and reads out the name in US English, but I want this to be in UK English. Any suggestions?

Ian Anderson

3 Replies 3

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Ian,

Did you solve this?

I am getting the same thing on a system running 8.5(1).

I noticed that UK English is not available to select from Enterprise Parameter Default User Locale but is available for Network Locale.

It does not happen on another system running 8.5(1)SU3 so I am guessing it could be a bug?

Hi,

Can you see if this link is of any use

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac040.html#wp1274231

Looks like single user or template or even bulk edit

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

There appears to be a bug in the Unity Connection software. After several emails from Cisco they confirmed there is an issue with changing to the UK Laungage. On their instructions we upgraded to a newer version and it all works a treat.

We are now running Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.5.1ES47.12900-47

Ian Anderson

Reply-To: "cisco-support@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com" >

Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 17:55:44 +0000

To: Ian Anderson >

Subject: - Re: Unity Connnection 8.5, how do I force the Language over to UK English?

Home<>

Re: Unity Connnection 8.5, how do I force the Language over to UK English?

created by James Hawkins<> in IP Telephony - View the full discussion<>