Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express delay in auto attendant startup

kelly.amisi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

New to the forum! thanks in advance for the welcomes.

Now i have unity express auto attendant that typically rings 6 times before the welcome prompt on, how do i disable this and make it ring once.

BR,

Kelly

8 Replies 8

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kelly,

Welcome to CSC. Can you start by explaining the call flow? Is the CUE integrated to CME or CUCM? What happens when you dial the AA pilot number from an IP phone? Does it still ring 6 times before going to the AA welcome prompt?

Regards,

Harmit.

The call should go direct to the greeting when invoked, however as per now it rings a couple of times before the voice prompt is invoked. To be exact it rings 9 times before the AA picks up.

This only happens when the call is coming in externally. It works fine when the phone is dialed internally.

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the info, but you didn't explain the call flow i.e. if the call is originating from PSTN, then what do you use for PSTN connectivity - FXO / T1 / E1 PRI / CAS / SIP ITSP? Also, is the CUE integrated with CME or CUCM? Can you please post the running config of CUE and CME (if you are using CME)?

--
Regards,
Harmit.

Risat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. The call hits the VG (Via FXO) and rings 5 times before being answered by the AA. We have PRI line as well pointing to the same AA which is being answered perfectly, immediataley after the first ring. Appreciate any assistance.. We have VG integrated with CUCM and Unity connection 8.x versions.

As corrrectly replied above, you need to supplu more information when reporting problem. E.g. configuration, traces, etc.

You need to add number of ring command under the voice port.

For instance,

!

voice-port 0/0/0

ring number 1

shutdown

no shutdown

!

Its working for me now, from the debug i found that the was hitting a wrong dial-peer before goin to the rite one, not sure why it took 5 rings to route to the proper the dial-peer.. before removing the dial-peer i even tried to reduce the h225 tcp timeout to 1 sec, but the result was the same. Thanks for the replies guys !!!

Because during the time the wrong DP times out, the call is not answered, and caller hears ringback.