Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity issue -- Call the sender

Giovani10
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I notice an unexpected behaviour when a Unity user tries to use "call the sender" option once the user has heart the message. The subscriber has a CSS that allows any kind of calls but he can't call back to all the destinations (national, international, local). In the class of service this feature is ticked. Is the css assigned to the user related to this issue? Which is the standard behaviour regarding this feature?

Thanks in advance.

Jose

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is CUCM configured to allow external calls from Unity voicemail ports if using SCCP integration or SIP trunk if using SIP integration?

Chris

Hi Chris

First, thanks for the response.

The SIP trunk between Unity and Call manager is configured to allow external calls, in fact, calls originated in the same country are progressed when the user choose the option call the sender but no international calls. I have checked that some partitions are not included in this SIP trunk so i'm so sure that the issue is related to this but I though that the option call the sender was related to the CSS that the user had associated.

If I defined the misconfigurated partitions in the SIP trunk, how can i forbid an user with a local CSS can make national/international calls using this feature (call the sender)?

Thanks,

Jose.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So when you speak of CSS you mean CSS on CUCM not UCXN.
Then the answer is that when the call goes out CUCM has no clue which phone the call originally came on. You control the restrictions via restriction rules on UCXN which are applied to user's COS.

Chris
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Great¡¡¡

Many thanks Chris.

Regards.