Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity user license insufficient

Dear All,

we are using unity version 12.5.  we are getting a message in smart licensed portal (unity connection basic messaging user license ) is  insufficient. 

currently the number of user 115.

we purchased bundle license BE6K-START-UCL35    BE6000 Starter Bundle with 35 UCL Enh and 35 vmail Licenses

we are using PSTN connection with FXO

call flow:   PSTN -> voice mail IVR -> user extension

My query is: Do i need unity connection basic messaging user license for all 115 users. is my voicemail IVR will stop transferring the call to user extension is this license is insufficient?

Regards 

Bazmi

4 Replies 4

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The number of licenses for Unity Connection depends on how many voicemail users you configure under Users >> Users. If you have 115 voicemail users programmed, then yes you will need 115 voicemail licenses. If you have 35 voicemail users and remaining 80 are just extensions in CUCM without voicemail and you want to use Auto Attendant to transfer calls to an extension then you can enable "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers" under your Call Handler configuration.

The voicemail IVR will not stop transferring the call to user extension if the license is insufficient. But after 90 days grace period you will not be able to perform any administration changes.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hello vaijanath

Thanks for you reply.

As we have BE6K-START-UCL35   ,   BE6000 Starter Bundle with 35 UCL Enh and 35 vmail Licenses

Currently we have imported the 115 user from the call manager. From that we have enabled 32 user as a voice mail user. still i have 3 user free for voice mail.license. 

as you mentioned that after 90 days grace period you will not be able to perform any administration changes.

what do you actually mean by that i will not be able to do any administrator changes in unity connection. like call handler, directory handler, etc.. OR i will not be able to do any administration changes in user level in unity connection. 

what about 35 UCL Enh and 35 vmail Licenses user. which we have license.

Regards

Bazmi 

Hi,

If you need voicemail for 32 users then make sure to delete other users from Users >> Users section as any additional user consumes license.

After 90 days grace period, the system will function 100% but you will not be able to perform any changes in Unity Connection such as add, move or delete Users, Call Handlers, Routing Rules, Change Passwords etc.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Specifically it's users with mailboxes that consume licences.  You can check actual licence consumption in Unity Connection under "System Settings / Licensing".   And you can check licence availability in PLM under "Licenses / Usage"