cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UnityConnection MWI and sperate Search spaces

James Hogan
Level 1
Level 1

when you have UnityConnection and users in seperate Search spaces how do you get the MWI to light for those users who are not in the default search space (on CUC)

the MWI on/off DN is in a partition the VM ports can reach but if I have two users say

user1 mailbox 1000 in pt user1 on CM and pt user1 in CUC

and

user2 mailbox 1000 in pt user1 on CM and pt user1 in CUC

how can I make the system differntiate and light the right MWI?

thanks

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

These components are not related in anyway between systems.  If your VM ports are configured properly within CUCM (CSS and PT visibility would be based on your configurations), then that's the configuration that matters here.  The "dial plan" configurations within CUC are for use within that application, not in overall system call processing.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

I have resolved this issue a while back. the solution is as follows

Create a sperate phone system using 2-3 ports ( i prefered to use ports from the failover system if available) make all the ports in the new phone system dedicated for MWI.

then associate the end users mailbox MWI settings to that phone system.

this allows me to have seperate MWI on/off numbers that are associated only to that users PT/CSS.

the way I did this seems to be a more effective way of handling multitenancy that the "cisco recomended" way of handling multi-tenancy.

If anyone has any questions on how to get this done let me know