cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

update of cisco router

callshakeel
Level 1
Level 1

I want to update Cisco Router 3745 image; my current version is below please let me know which version i should download i mean the same file/version as existing 'c3745-ipvoice-mz.123-8.T6.bin' or the latest version 'c3745-ipvoice-mz.124-15.T14.bin'. After update with new image my existing configuration will be automatically reloaded or i have to reconfigure all the config manually.

Also I am trying to update the IOS remotly will this be ok.

Cisco IOS Software, 3700 Software (C3745-IPVOICE-M), Version 12.3(8)T6, RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2004 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Tue 28-Dec-04 15:48 by hqluong

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(6r) [cmong 6r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

VG_LIPDEL_C3745 uptime is 27 weeks, 2 days, 22 hours, 58 minutes
System returned to ROM by reload
System image file is "flash:c3745-ipvoice-mz.123-8.T6.bin"

Cisco 3745 (R7000) processor (revision 2.0) with 241664K/20480K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FHK0916F38P
R7000 CPU at 350MHz, Implementation 39, Rev 3.3, 256KB L2, 2048KB L3 Cache
38 FastEthernet interfaces
63 Serial interfaces
5 Channelized E1/PRI ports
DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.
151K bytes of NVRAM.
31360K bytes of ATA System CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

You have only 32MB of flash , i don't think that you can install the latest version.

You have to go to software download and try to find a version from 12.4 that can be installed on 32 MB flash , i think it will be maximum T7 or T8.

As for the config , if you install the same feature set then you will not need to reconfigure anything.

however there is a big risk in what you are doing becasue you have to first to delete the active version file from the flash so you can upload the new one , the only risk that in case of a failure of the router between the time you upload the new file and the time you delete the file , the router will not get up and you have to go physicaly to the router and install a image from the rommon which can take more than two hours.

Amer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

You have only 32MB of flash , i don't think that you can install the latest version.

You have to go to software download and try to find a version from 12.4 that can be installed on 32 MB flash , i think it will be maximum T7 or T8.

As for the config , if you install the same feature set then you will not need to reconfigure anything.

however there is a big risk in what you are doing becasue you have to first to delete the active version file from the flash so you can upload the new one , the only risk that in case of a failure of the router between the time you upload the new file and the time you delete the file , the router will not get up and you have to go physicaly to the router and install a image from the rommon which can take more than two hours.

Amer

Thanks Amer

Dear Amer,

I checked under 12.4T there is no version that can be installed on 32 MB Flash. Under 12.3T no software download avaible.

Can't we update the IOS in this case?

Actually i only want to update the image bcz i am now able to allow-connections sip to sip getting message "

Error %Invalid input detected at '^' marker. at sip" 

some body suggested me to update the image. otherwise i have no issue with this image.

Please let me know if there is any alternate to allow connection sip to sip

Thanks,