cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update Specific Details on Lines

refram
Level 3
Level 3

You know how you can create a text file with a string of MAC addresses for phones and use that to search for devices and then make specific changes on them?  I'd like to be able to do that same thing for lines.  I have a list of phone numbers that are associated with a specific voice mail profile.  I'd like to be able to make specific changes to these lines dealing with whether incoming calls are going to voicemail or not.  I don't want to do this to all of the lines in a DN block, just these specific lines.  Since there are hundreds of them, I'm trying to figure out how to make this happen, but I don't see anything native to CUCM that will allow me to do it.  Is there something I'm missing?  Is there a tool out on a site along the lines of the CiscoUnityTools site, but for CUCM?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nope, no cucm tools to do what you're asking, all you have to use is BAT to do the changes. Do an export of the phones/lines you want to change to have a csv on which to perform the changes, delete phones/lines you don't need, then use the file with the changes to update.

I'd suggest you create a dummy phone, and then use it for practice, before doing the changes in bulk.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nope, no cucm tools to do what you're asking, all you have to use is BAT to do the changes. Do an export of the phones/lines you want to change to have a csv on which to perform the changes, delete phones/lines you don't need, then use the file with the changes to update.

I'd suggest you create a dummy phone, and then use it for practice, before doing the changes in bulk.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate