Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade ATA187 Firmware from Call Manager Express

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have ATA187 registered with Call Manager Express 9.0 but i have a problem using DTMF for outgoing calls, i tried to set the dtmf-relay under voice register pool but no sucess so i decide to upgrade the firmware.

the probelm when you go to download page you find one .zip file not like before .zup file and the upgrade of the firmware for call manage express not found in any document as there is no way to upgrade it through analgo phones

Any idea how to upgade it using any way ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi mrmhar1408,

You would need to upgrade the ATA 187 to the latest SIP firmware (9.2.3) using this load file, ATA187.9-2-3-1.loads. This is in the zip file available on cisco.com's download section for the ATA 187, zip filename is cmterm-ata187.9-2-3-1.zip.

The process for upgrading SIP phones and ATA 187s running SIP via CME are shown here. The process is essentially the same for phones and for ATAs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinstl.html#wp1067416

Note that you'd also need to have the load file copied first to the TFTP server flash storage, which would be your CME router flash.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi mrmhar1408,

You would need to upgrade the ATA 187 to the latest SIP firmware (9.2.3) using this load file, ATA187.9-2-3-1.loads. This is in the zip file available on cisco.com's download section for the ATA 187, zip filename is cmterm-ata187.9-2-3-1.zip.

The process for upgrading SIP phones and ATA 187s running SIP via CME are shown here. The process is essentially the same for phones and for ATAs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinstl.html#wp1067416

Note that you'd also need to have the load file copied first to the TFTP server flash storage, which would be your CME router flash.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Harmit,

Thanks very much for showing me how to upgrade the ATA187 firmware, it's helpfull i will do it and check if the dtmf problem disapeared.