Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CUCM 6.1.1.2110-1 to 6.1.3-1107-1

akhalil9
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Floks,

We just upgraded from CUCM version 6.1.1.2110-1 to 6.1.3-1107-1 .

Small number of our phones have reverted to an earlier configuration following the upgrade (for example displaying an old name on the display). IP Communicator profile completeley deleted.

Deleted profile re appeard.

Is any one aware of similar cases or know why it has happend.

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just did a similar upgrade for about 300+ phones and did not notice. I went to 6.1.3-3000 though. (customer has not brought up any issues as of yet). Upgrade was Thursday night last week.

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

do you have multiple callmanager?

was db replication ok before and after the upgrade?

Yes we have multiple call managers

Thanks for the reply

This is the only message we recived:

DBChangeNotify queue delay over 2 minutes. Current DB ChangeNotify queue delay (135) is over 120-sec threshold. The alert is generated on Sat Apr 25 15:00:42 BST 2009 on node X.X.X.X

akhalil9
Level 1
Level 1

Issue resolved :

Over vendor had loaded the software a month earlier!

So It become apparent that when you load the upgrade software the server must take a database checkpoint, and when you actually run the upgrade it uses the database from that point in time

Hence the loss of MAC changes since the date of software load.

Ciao

Right, when run the upgrade, it upgrades the inactive partition. That is why you reboot after the upgrade is done. If you waited 3 days later to reboot, any changes done in the past 3 days will not be included after the upgrade.

Glad it worked!

I did an upgrade from 6.1.1 to 7.1.3 one month ago.. of course I have reboot the server once if not, i will not run 6.1.3

..... tonight I have upraded a 7941/61 firmware then reset the tftp services on both pub / sub and had that message.

DBChangeNotify queue delay over 2 minutes. Current DB ChangeNotify queue delay (150) is over 120-sec threshold. The alert is generated on We Mar 24 17:22:57 EDT 2010 on node XX.XX.XX.XX

any idea ?