cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading/Patch Unified Communication Manager

Burney Rogers
Level 1
Level 1

I have System version: 8.5.1.13900-5 Unrestricted Unified Communication Manager (VMware ESXi 4.1.0)

(Cisco UCS 210 M2). Upgrading/Patch to UCSInstall_UCOS_UNRST_8.5.1.16900-6.sgn.iso 4877.93 MB. I have not performed this task on Cisco UCS and VMware before. However; I have upgraded/patch MCS 7845 HP servers. There are a couple questions to ask.

When I look in the show version I only see an active version of 8.5.1.13900-5. There is only one active version will it show that I have an inactive after I upload 8.5.1.16900-6 then I will see the inactive partition and select do not reboot after upgrade.

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will not see inactive version until you actually perform the upgrade in which case the current version will become inactive and the new version will be active.

There is no way to just upload the new version to CUCM server without installing it, you perform the install and it installs it in inactive partition and after either automatic or manual version switch is issued the partitions are swapped.

HTH,

Chris