Views
Helpful
Replies

User can't login Jabber after reset password

Coco Liu
Level 1
Level 1

A user reported a jabber login problem to us(IT team). What he did was:

1)Reset his AD password, which was supposed to be done every two months. Then he reset the password in jabber client as well:

Jabber client->setting->user account.  After that he can't login anymore.  This user is the LDAP synchronized active user. not a local user. (I am not sure whether resetting his password on Jabber client would break his LDAP authentication or not )

2)Self-care is ok, he can use this new AD pwd to login the self-care portal.

3)When he login with his new AD password, which can successfully login self-care portal, there is the following error: 'You username or password is not correct'. But if he types in a wrong password on purpose, the error message is 'Cannot find your services automatically. Click advanced settings to set up manually. Reset Cisco Jabber to continue(File->Reset Cisco Jabber)'.

4)I have done the following, but nothing changed, didn't change problem:

• Go to CUCM administration, system->LDAP->LDAP directory, Perform a full sync for LDAP Directory .
  •  User Management ->End user, find the user->Edit Crediential , and ticked 'User cannot change' 
  • Unstilled the jabber, deleted files in %AppData%\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\   and
    %AppData%\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\,  and delete registry keys for jabber, and then reinstall Jabber client. 
  • He tried  login on jabber installed the other laptop, no luck.

5)My account can login Jabber which is installed on his laptop. 

6)I tried to following the method listed on the url below, very little information has been collected. And 'how to Collect a Jabber Problem' Video inside of the following link seems not exist anymore. 

Troubleshoot Jabber Log in Problems - Cisco

7) It seems when the LDAP synchronized user manually reset password in the Jabber client(see step1), it breaks the LDAP authentication, but i don't know why and how to solve it.

Any suggestion would be appreciated please.

Thanks.

0 Replies 0