Views
Helpful
Replies

Users in Call Manager

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,

I have confused about the differences between users and phones, because I have project with around 1200 phones and M CM is 6000K with 1000 users.

any note please!

thanks

Mohammad Saeed

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Saeed,

for BE6K , 1000 users  are supported  along with 1200 endpoints [ 1000 primary and 200 secondary endpoints]

when we are purchasing licneses that allow the use of multiple devices, then this count of 1200 comes in .

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thanks for your reply. I have doubt, because in another project I have CUCM 8.5 and can fit more than 1200 phones or endpoints. but why BE6K is less. Is it related to hardware server?

And what about phone licenses units?

Thanks.

Hi Saeed,

What I can say BE6K is designed to work only with UCSC200 and not on third party servers that is the reason it comes bundled/prenstalled with Hypervisor and applications?

Further, the user count would remain 1000 for BE6000M/BE6000H while for BE6000S[small] supports 150 users which works on ISR-2921V.

lastly, the licenses could be UCL/CUWL or mix of both depending on requirement.

regds,

aman

BE6K is a bundled option on a certain UCS, and it comes with those HW/SW/user/device limitations, that's it. The UCS is sized to perform well with only that number of users.

If you don't want any of those limitations, go for regular UC on UCS, or 7K.

You can find plenty of information if you simply search cisco business edition 6000 on cisco.com or google.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate