Views
Helpful
Replies

Users in Call Manager

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,

I have confused about the differences between users and phones, because I have project with around 1200 phones and M CM is 6000K with 1000 users.

any note please!

thanks

Mohammad Saeed

3 Replies 3

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight
Mohammad,

Starting in 9.1 licensing is forced via users.  1 users can be assigned to multiple phones. 

I suggest you read the FAQ on the BE6K and also read up on licensing.  In CUCM you can have CUWL and UCL. Consult the BE6k ordering guides to learn more about licensing for the product.

As always I advise working with your Cisco Account Manager or a Cisco partner to properly size you deployment.

Here is a small sample from the BE6K FAQ.

A.     Cisco BE 6000 comes with two hardware options of Cisco UCS 220 M3 Server:

1.     The Medium Density server supports a maximum of five virtual machines (four collaboration applications and one management application) - support for a maximum of 1200 devices.

2.     The High Density server supports a maximum of nine virtual machines (eight collaboration applications and one management application) - support for a maximum of 2500 devices.

Note: Both options support a maximum 0f 1000 users.

Hi Gregory, 

Thanks for your nive information, but I couldn't open BE6K ordering Guide file from Cisco.com, it gives me " Forbidden File or Application "

Thanks.

Reach out to your Cisco account manager or Cisco partner company they will help you out and explain how the system is licensed.  I was assuming you were a cisco partner since you were talking about a project.

If you are a partner reach out to you whoever manages your relationship with Cisco to get you access to the order guide.

Another good source of information is the Cisco Doc Wiki and the CUWL and UCL licensing pages on Cisco site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: