cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using cisco isr as FXO gateway and FXS subscriber - Dial pattern bes practices -

francisco.trigo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

What I'm trying to implement with my cisco router is use it into a FreePBX (Asterisk) PBX as analog gateway for lines and FXS subscriber for analog phones.

All is working great, but I have a little issue with dial.patterns when i dial a call from any FXS.

First issue, when I set Outbound roules at PBX it need to match with the local telco and with the cisco device. So what's better? set a dial-pattern in the router to pass it transparent without any manipulation or set some?

I have only implement 9.... and 8... to identify two different lines because one is a telco line and other is a door telco device.

This works great when I call from a PBX soft phone but when I want to use the FXS phone line the only way to dial successfully a call was use ........ (8) as dial pattern. But if the phone have more than 8 digits it's trucked by this rule.

What I need is implement other dial-pattern, I don't know if is better a free one that let dial any long dialing or more than 8 as rule.

So, what's the best rule or the best practice to implement into the dial-patterns that make my use and PBX setup easily ?

!!Outbound from SIP to Lines

dial-peer voice 21 pots
description FXO 0 Linea 1
preference 1
destination-pattern 9....
port 0/2/0
!
dial-peer voice 22 pots
description FXO 1 Line 2
preference 1
destination-pattern 8....
port 0/2/1
!
dial-peer voice 201 voip
service session
destination-pattern 201
session protocol sipv2
session target sip-server
session transport udp
dtmf-relay sip-notify rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 202 voip
service session
destination-pattern 202
session protocol sipv2
session transport udp
dtmf-relay sip-notify rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!

!! Inbound from Phone to SIP Server

dial-peer voice 2 voip
destination-pattern ........
session protocol sipv2
dtmf-relay sip-notify
codec g711ulaw
no vad

Best Regards!

2 Replies 2

Hi Francisco,
Could please explain call flow?

Regards

Hi Leo, thank you for your asking.

I'm dialing 8 phone number from the FXS port to the PBX and from it to the trunk FXO.

dial-peer voice 21 and 22 are those used for FXO outgoing call
dial peer 2 is the outgoing from the phones from the FXS match rule.

Seeing the PBX debug, i don't see the dialed number so may be the FXS and FXO port are routing the call between them without PBX control.

I only post the dial-pattern config is not the complete config, you don't see the FXS extensions.

Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: