Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Starter pack Upgrade to Full VCS /VCSE/TMS package

aayyash
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All ,

I have been searching for a Clear Doc That fully explain the upgrade steps for Customer who currently have VCS Starter Pack Kit to a full VCS-C/Or VCS-E (with a full provisioning deplyoment) and i am unable to find Any ,

Can you please post a clear step of what we will exactly need to do to accomplish that and what is the known issues associated with this Changes ?

Thansk in advance

Ashraf

2 Replies 2

aayyash
Level 1
Level 1

Just to add a lil more on that , what i know is :

we will need to delete the Option Kep of the starter and disbale the provisioning and then apply the new option key for either or both ? :

CTI-VCSC-SPUPG-K9

CTI-VCSE-SPUPG-K9

the process itself is not documented ( thing like what will happen to the current configuration and how this will exactly work ) and thats all coming from peices here and there online and from :

Video Communication Server Starter Pack Upgrade to VCS Control - TMS, Cisco Jabber Video for

TelePresence 100 users

CTI-VCSC-SPUPG-K9

Video Communication Server Starter Pack Upgrade to VCS Expressway - TMS, Cisco Jabber Video for

TelePresence 100 users

CTI-VCSE-SPUPG-K9

Also i have found this :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2173366

Any confirmation based on doing this currently or in the past will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ashraf

Hi ,

I have a concern on DNS requirement for fully fledged TANDBERG video solution with VCS , VCSE , TMS , MCU...

do we need to have an internal DNS server to resolve the IPs to name+domain like vcs.mydomain.com internally ?

please advice

Purna